Welcome to the Studio of Creative Movement
Important Dates to Remember for 2016-2017 season:
- Mail-in registration deadline for returning students: July 31st
- Open House for new students & dancewear sale: Wednesday, September 7th, 2-6pm
- Classes begin: Monday, September 12th
- Dress Rehearsal: Saturday, May 20th
- Recital: Sunday, May 21st
Learn to Dance Hip Hop, Jazz, Ballet,Tap, Contemporary, Competitive Dance, and Acrobatics. The Studio of Creative Movement has been offering dance lessons to both children and adults since 1976. Students have fun learning Hip Hop, Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Contemporary, and Acrobatics technique throughout the year. They also learn original and creative routines for their Holiday show and annual Recital in May.
The excellence in dance instruction combined with children that love to dance has resulted in many of our students making dance a part of their lives long past high school. Many of our students have gone on to dance in college, become instructors, perform in local theater groups, and return to dance at the Studio as adults.
Quite a few of our students are second-generation Creative Movement dancers. In addition we have adult dance pupils who have been here since the Studio was founded in 1976!
Our nearly 300 Dancers hail from Waltham and surrounding towns like Watertown, Belmont, Newton and Weston.
Instruction is provided by an outstanding staff of highly qualified teachers. Our instructors have studied dance in college and many are teaching in the public school system. Our staff is committed to learning new methods of teaching and approaches to choreography by studying with some of the dance world’s most noted choreographers.
Beyond Dance Classes
In addition to dance classes the Studio offers the following:
- Dancers have the opportunity to perform in our non-profit performing dance company which dances at community and athletic events. Dancers have performed before the Celtics and the Boston Lobsters. See photos here.
- Participate in our award-winning dance team.
- Older students have the opportunity to assist with younger children's classes if they are interested in a career in teaching dance.
- Dancers can attend Master Classes by noted choreographers, such as Brian Friedman and Mia Michaels.
- Celebrate your birthday at the Studio of Creative Movement with up to 12 children. Available on Friday and Saturday afternoons! Only $150.
- Download our Birthday Party form
Ready to start dancing?
Visit our Dance Classes page
Have dance lesson questions?
We would love to hear from you. Please contact us
Recital DVD Order Form - download the MINI DVD order form , or download the MAXI DVD order form